This has been a long time coming for this multi-platinum and Grammy winning artists.
Toni shot into fame in the early 90s after her voice was used as demo for Anita Baker. Babyface had written You Were Meant For Me with Anita in mind for the Boomerang soundtrack. Anita turned it down but had suggested he consider the actual person who sang the demo, since they were damn good. From there, a star was born.
Much has been written about her lavish lifestyle once she became famous, which resulted in a lawsuit again LaFace Records for having to pay for her own videos and wardrobe and receiving pennies on the dollar. Ultimately, she ended filling bankruptcy.
It would be years later before she Babyface became friendly again.
Regardless, the amount of #1 hits she managed to wrack up on the charts and many of those were translated for the dancefloor makes Toni a surefire bet for her induction into the Diva Hall of Fame. Her voice, her face, her body she’s the total package.
I would really like her to find her way into today’s scene but sadly I just don’t see that happening. She does have a duet album out with Babyface now, but even that will likely falter on the R&B charts or AOC for that matter.
Nevertheless, she has earned her place amongst the greatest Divas and should feel right at home. Ladies and gentlemen, please give a warm welcome to Toni Braxton!
Album : Toni Braxton
Genre : Club, House
Year : 2014
Total Time : 1:31:42.00
1. I Don’t Want To (Frankie Knuckles Remix)
2. You’re Making Me High (Classic Mix)
3. Un-Break My Heart (Soul Hex Anthem Vocal)
4. Hit The Freeway (HQ2 Vocal Club Mix)
5. Maybe (HQ2 Club Mix)
6. Yesterday (Virgo Brothers Club Mix)
7. Hands Tied (Hex Hector Club Mix)
8. Make My Heart (Alexander & Mark VDH Club Mix)
9. I Heart You (Mark Picchiotti Club Mix)
10. He Wasn’t Man Enough (Peter Rauhofer NYC Club Mix)
11. Un-Break My Heart (Wayne G Allure Anthem)
12. Spanish Guitar (HQ2 Mix)